Monday, May 12, 2008

The greens' bicycle expedition 2008, Vol 1

Wow! Just 361 days to the next expedition!

Before... Thursday, 8th May 2008
Planning is half of win
I am working. On Lina street. 24 hours. It means I will finish tomorrow and then I AM IN HURRY! P A N I C ! I just need to sit behind a table and write down everything I need to take with. Good that I am working in house of Lina street today. I have possibility to go home to pack my stuff meantime and hopefully I can leave ealier tomorrow!

********

It is raining. Heavy rain. And how should we camp with weather like that? And why did the weather station said it will be great weather during weekend? Tomorrow is already Friday and today it's RAINING! Life sucks really a lot...

********

Me: Annely! Shame! You are smoking!!
Nurse: Yeah, not usually but my husband got me angry today so I decided to finish those cigaretts today! Do you want also?
Me: Nope. I don't smoke... Well, alright. I will try one...

********

Finally is sun shining again. It rain all day till the evening. Good to see how the streets are getting dry again. Hopefully it will keep all weekend sunny like it is now.

********

For this time I had finished all my duties at work and I had plenty of time for nothing. So I just took my bicycle and rode home to pack for weekend. Since I didn't know weather what was coming then I just pack all trousers I found and lots of T-shirts in case I need to changes them lot and couple sweaters, lots of socks plus 2 pairs of woolen socks and of course underwears. Then I took a pair of other shoes with and my bag was full. Just 2 sockels on the sides. I sticked a bible into one and into other I sticked my toothbrush and pasta, deodorant and perfume and toilet paper of course.

********

Annely: Are you coming to smoke?
Me: Sure. But if I will start smoking again because you I will kill you!

********

Ring! Ring!
- Hallo, Kadri! Why do you call me?
- Hei, Heleri. How are you?
- I am really excited!! Waiting the next morning already! Let's hope it won't rain tomorrow!
- Yeah. You know, we should meet to talk about how we get our stuff on the lorry tomorrow.
- I am working but you can ride here and we can make a circle in Ihaste with bicycles.
- Oh, no. You know my sister is singing today in university's cofé and I would like to go to listen her...
- Alright, call me when you are ready to go and we will meet there.
- Ok. See you later.
- Yeah. Cya.

********

Me: Give me a cigaret.
Nurse: Take from my bag.

********

My phone needed to charge and I did out it to charge in other room. So I never heard she called me. She didn't answer when I did call her back later so we never meet on the evening. I got bed at 10 PM about and I was reading material of sexual edication. I had to make a test in it tomorrow. Actually I did fall into sleep with it...


First day: Friday, 9th May 2008
Willingly free or freely willing
Ring! Ring!
It's 5 AM. I need to get up. Oh dear, how much I don't want to... Pft! i have to hurry. I have to gather together all trash and then I can run home. I am not going to wait for new shift. She have her freedom to complain later on me but I am in hurry. Oh and I am in really big hurry!

********

I did run at home. It was about at 6 AM. I needed to iron Jakob’s clothes for Sabbath. There had to be Mother’s Day ceremony but sadly without his mother. Ja, I did feel guilty because he was playing piano and sang 2 solo songs. But... It was good possibility to get granny in church because someone HAD to listen my son. Ha-haa!

Anyway, I did iron some clothes, packed last things into my bag, tied it up with sleeping bag and tent and were really excited. I couldn’t eat, drink or sit down. Then called Kadri and told she is almost there and I should come out to court house with my stuff as well. So I took my bags and bicycle and tried to transport all of them down on the street. Bah, I really hope I don’t have to carry any of my baggage with me during the weekend. Just bicycle is enough!

I did met with Kadri at court house and we pushed our bicycles cross the street and was looking the lorry what would take our stuff on. One bearded man jumped near to us and asked are we going to Räpina so we nodded. He took our stuff. Great. Then we saw Maris A. there and told to her we will be late since we needed to hurry at collage. We had last class there for practice time. Our lecturer wanted just to tell us what, where and when we have to do our practice. And I had a test to do still… Maris A. nodded and told us we will see in Räpina. We turned around and walked back at my house. We took our car and… grrrr! I had still winter tyres on. Heaven sake! Let’s just hope police is busy enough to not notice that. The economic of our country is not in the best phase at the moment and the wallet of government is almost empty so the last thing I hear the police made a fee to 1 800 crones for my classmate who had crossed 90 km/h limit with 2 km. Did she had to speed then??! 92 km/h! The hoodlum of the roads!

Well, no choice. Hmm… no acceptable choice I mean. We sat into the car and dove at college. Got there early enough to watch around without gasping where is the room we had to get together. Came out the room was in other house. We drove there and voila – the lecturer late! 30 minutes! And we were in hurry! The meeting here had to start at 8. We had to be in Räpina at 11. And we needed for driving about an hour. Brrrr!!! Finally she still came and told what she thought is important. Then we stayed wait for other lecturer who had to talk about practice in a kindergarten. But she was late as well. So the first lecturer gave me the paper with test question and I started to write. It was too noisy so we went into the coffee room. Mean time came other lecturer and the first one told me to come to finish the test later. I told it’s fine and went to listen the other lecturer. I took my sexual education map and tried to find out 3 reasons why people should NOT USE CONDOMS? Only contraindication was the allergy of latex but that was what I already knew!! I checked some other answers as well in what I was not so sure, told to Kadri to take my bag later and went to continue my test again. People should not use condoms when they have allergy of latex, they don’t want to use them or they don’t know how to use them. She has to accept my answer because you can’t use condoms when you don’t know how to do that… ;o)

At 10:20 we were into the car and on the street to Räpina. Just first we needed to drive trough the city… It took time but finally on the road we hooked us behind a car who seemed to hurry to Räpina as well and … about 20 km before Räpina blinked a car who passed from us to opposite direction. I took the speed down and there it was – police. But he was busy with the car who did drive before me so I passed from them with 65 km/h. He could stop me to ask why am I so slow but as I told he was busy. So, here I come, Räpina!

About 10 km before the town we saw a man on a bicycle and he rode to the Räpina. He had on a suit of bicyclist and bags on the luggage carrier.
Me: He is going to the expedition!
K: No! I don’t believe that!
Me: I am sure he is. And he is late as well!
K: Can’t be true. We are too far from the start.

Wow! Many cars! Very many! =) There was a police standing in middle of the Räpina and was waving with his wand. I turned where he asked me and others to turn and we did so. I didn’t have any idea why in this direction but later I saw there was parking place! There were just too many cars and queue. We moved on slowly, length by car in time. Sun was shining and it was really hot in my old Mazda. No conditioner. Hmm… and how much did I pollute air… I switched off my car and started it again when we had to move on. Seems that it was not good idea because about 5 length of car from parking place gate when my we smell some pungency. And then we saw how my car started to smoke! We watched each other with Kadri, burst to laugh and I did switched off my car. We got out from car. The guys from the car what was in front of us were already before standing out and they didn’t understand what happened with us till we said we have panic because our car is burning. They watched us and then the car and smiled at us. When I did check the motor they peek it also. I told I can’t see it burning so maybe I should try to switch it on again. Well, it didn’t start. The boys said they will help us to push the car. I took the direction on the side from the queue but they said they will help us to push it to parking place. Jee… pieces of gold! :D Seemed that a man who collected money at the gate felt sorry for us because he never asked ticket money from us. Our lovely helpers pushed my car on the parking place and parked it near of the exit. Someone commented that we are real greenies and use lovely green method for drive with car… Huh! We are here and I don’t intend to worry about the car before I need it for leaving!

I did call to Maris A and told we are there and our car is parked. What should we do? Oh yeah, we registered as voluntaries so we had some duties to do… She told our bicycles should be at church and she waits for us as well behind of it. We took the aim to the church what was over the crossing where the policeman regularized traffic. Our poor bicycles were last ones what were standing there. The man who was watching them told he believes us that they belong to us and we drove to find Maris A. She was where she told she had to be. We got our green hand stripes what told we are a part from team and we got everything freely. We had to pay just for the lunch but even for that we could pay just half price! But for those goodies we had some duties to do as well. We had to guard trash bins! 3 of them. One for bottles, one for biodegrading trash and one for trash what didn’t belong into first and second bin. Maris A. told to us sit on our bicycle and go into first lunch place into our duties. It had to place somewhere in 30 km.

So it started. We put on our yellow vests what everyone got who belonged into the team. I was on the wheels and the weather was just beautiful! I had to take with a sweeter as well but I really didn’t need it. It was really hot. In the first side of May! Like summer!!

********

Wow! Hundreds and hundreds persons with bicycles! It is really impressing! And the nature was wonderful. The birches had full grow leaves on but they were all new and still light green. It is late spring. I do enjoy every gasp of fresh air here. The fields and meadows around me gave really warmth feeling inside. The countryside! I have missed it all.

********

We arrived at lunch place with late. Music was playing, a speaker was talking, the most of the peoples had found their places on the grass and had their food or were getting them from the queues near the food wagons. We were watching around and found our bins. Sigh. People can’t read. So I just had to sort the trash there… But if it was done was just great stand there and listen what was happening around there. Oh and communication between people was good! We were joking with them. Some faces were quite often there so we told them that we are going to test them soon and if they fail they had to sort out their trash by theirselves. Oh, and there we met with a car pusher -our great helper at car parking place. He didn’t recognize us at first place but after he went back on the road he came back to show his bicycle. I think his name was Rainar… I hope =P

But anyway. We standed there when almost all riders were back on the roud and just arranger team was there till our boss came to tell to us that others will finish there and we should take the trip to the next camping place. Juhhuuu! We jumped on the bicycles and left. It was about 3 PM and I was thinking that on the evening is Dagö's concert and they do really great music. The concert was one reason from others why I actually was thinking to take part from the expedition. Yeah, next day had to be also a concert but from some unknown band what couldn't be very good anyway.

The last kilometers of the road was not very good. It was from sand and on it was really hard to ride. But finally we made it. We got there when most of people had set up their tents already and they were eaten also. We went to have our supper. I couldn't eat much because they had used everywhere pork meat but happily there were lots of take away food boxes and I managed to find one what sold chicken. Party! When we had finally finished our supper we had to go and find our tent and bags. The lorries were standing farther so we took the direction on them. And wow! We were not the last ones! We still had to look for our stuff among other bags.


********



No comments: